    Kindly confirm.

    Thanks,
    Ramesh

    Generic Usenet Account, Oct 30, 2009

  2. Without additional context, "valid" means "valid according to its
    DTD", and that's how it's defined in the XML spec. In the context of
    XML Schemas, it can of course mean "valid according to a schema". If
    you want to be less ambiguous, use the term "schema valid" or (since
    there are other schema languages) "XML Schema valid".

    -- Richard

    Richard Tobin, Oct 30, 2009

  3. Generic Usenet Account

    Andy Dingley Guest

    I'm normally fairly pro-Wikipedia, but many of the software articles
    are poor, and certainly the XML stuff.

    There's very little need for WP content on technical issues like this,
    as it's well described elsewhere. This also discourages (or fails to
    encourage) the competent WP editors to do anything about the XML
    content. So read those sources, not WP.

    Andy Dingley, Nov 2, 2009
  4. Generic Usenet Account

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Oh dear. It has deteriorated, hasn't it? It used to be much better than
    that. When I have more time...

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Nov 2, 2009