question about compiling application

Mark

Hi,

i want to compile my application with this code:
cd \windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727
aspnet_compiler -p "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp" -v / c:\compiled\myapp -f

But the problem is that this application creates at runtime an asp.file
(test.aspx).

When a user tries to start that aspx file, he gets the error:
"The file '/myapp/test.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be
requested".

So my question is: is the choice about compiling: the whole application or
nothing at all?
Is it not possible to compile the application and to start after compilation
file test.aspx?

Thanks
Marc

Guest

The reason may be missing/incorrect/versions of dll's or the beta version of
..Net 2.0 framework.

Mick Walker

Mark said:
Hi,

i want to compile my application with this code:
cd \windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727
aspnet_compiler -p "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp" -v / c:\compiled\myapp -f

But the problem is that this application creates at runtime an asp.file
(test.aspx).

When a user tries to start that aspx file, he gets the error:
"The file '/myapp/test.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be
requested".

So my question is: is the choice about compiling: the whole application or
nothing at all?
Is it not possible to compile the application and to start after compilation
file test.aspx?

Thanks
Marc
I may be wrong about this, but I dont think after you precompile a
application, you can add new 'resources' which will be processed by the
ASPNET process. As basically the file created 'on demand' is not part of
the current applications code base.

I encountered this situation a couple of years ago, using web services,
and could not find a work around for it. So I had to opt for on demand
compilation.

If you find a way to get round this, I'd like to hear about it.

Regards