compiling problem

Brent

Ok everyone i have dealing with this problem for a week and its starting to
get on my nerve. I am pretty new to the asp.net world. I am not new to .Net
only asp.net. So i hate a snag. right now im just doing some pretty simple
pages. I just started getting into master pages when i keep getting this
VERY irritating error:
Error 1 Metadata file
'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\chapter2\17279c24\2b539fbd\App_Web_testmasterpage.master.cdcab7d2.74em-zze.dll'
could not be found

Ok of course i have searched google for solutions first with no resolve. I
have rebooted, reopened visual studio, cleared the contents of my temporary
asp.net folder. My web.config is as simple as you could get:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!--

Note: As an alternative to hand editing this file you can use the

web admin tool to configure settings for your application. Use

the Website->Asp.Net Configuration option in Visual Studio.

A full list of settings and comments can be found in

machine.config.comments usually located in

\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.x\Config

-->

<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">

<appSettings/>

<connectionStrings/>

<system.web>

<!--

Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging

symbols into the compiled page. Because this

affects performance, set this value to true only

during development.

-->

<compilation debug="true">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/></assemblies></compilation>

<!--

The <authentication> section enables configuration

of the security authentication mode used by

ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.

-->

<authentication mode="Windows"/>

<!--

The <customErrors> section enables configuration

of what to do if/when an unhandled error occurs

during the execution of a request. Specifically,

it enables developers to configure html error pages

to be displayed in place of a error stack trace.

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">

<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />

<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />

</customErrors>

-->

</system.web>

</configuration>

If i keep rebuilding the site over and over again usually it will rebuilt
from the 3 to 10 try. When i make a simple change again though and try to
rebuild i get the same dang thing. I have 2 simple pages a very simple
master page. I did try some of infragistics controls (2006 V3) but i have
removed all references (as you can see above from my web.conf) and removed
all the files they added to the project. I am running the web site just in
the web server packaged with vs 2005. Oh yes, i have SP1 for VS installed. I
have seen lots of people have this problem but no one seems to really have a
solution. Does anyone know whats going on?

Brent

Nope. I have been the only one who had worked on this. I have never
referenced a project dll in this probject. It has been a single project the
whole time. The only thing i have referenced outside of the standard
microsoft runtime is infragistics stuff but like i said all that has been
removed including references, liscence dll added to the project, and some
images it added.

Ncage

Guest

Good afternoon

it must be something you had installed before (what's chapter2? - is it
current application or an old tutorial demo app?) Make sure your Toolbox does
not contain any old components.

Brent

Wow thanks Milosz. I removed all references to infragistics stuff in the
project and all but i still had them in the toolbox. I removed the
infragistics stuff from the toolbox and problem is solved. Why would items
in the toolbox cause this problem? Is it an infragistics problem or is there
something I did wrong? Its the latest version of their controls (2006 v3).

Thanks,
Brent

Guest

Hi Brent,

I don't think it was your fault. It sometimes happens, especially when
controls are built into web application project instead of separate control
library.

Have a nice day