Question about IIS

Dinçer

Hi,

I have two ASP.NET web projects residing on IIS. (Lets say,
http://localhost/Web1 and http://localhost/Web2 )

When I debug one of these applications (using VS .NET) and stop at a
breakpoint, I came accross this problem:
I can't run the other web application from Internet Explorer. The page waits
and waits and waits...
As soon as I stop debugging, the page loads..

How can I solve this problem?
What I want is to be able to run a web application, when debugging another
one at the same time on the same IIS. (Actually, is this possible?)

Regards.

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

I dont think you can do this in the way you are describing but why would you
want to. You could always load up another instance of IE and go to the other
site OR you could have both web projects included in your solution, and set
both to start in the debugger so that both windows will open and will be in
debug mode when you hit 'Start/F5'.

Right click on the solution (within VS.NET) and in 'common properties -->
Startup project', select 'Multiple Startup projects' and ensure both your
projects have the 'Action' set top 'Start'.

Dinçer

Actually the thing is:

I code on production environment.
I mean the server where I code is being used. (People use
http://server/WebApp1 )
On the same server I am working on another project. (Lets say
http://server/WebApp2)
These 2 projects are .NET projects and they reside on the same IIS.

What I want is to be able to debug WebApp2, without preventing people access
to WebApp1.
At the moment, when I am in debug mode on WebApp1, people cannot access
http://server/WebApp2.
When I stop debugging, everthin is fine.

Kevin Spencer

Debugging on a production environment under any circumstances is a bad idea.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

George Ter-Saakov

The problem is in IE.

I noticed that when VS in debug IE does not want to show up.
It's on hold somewhere.

As soon as you end the debug session IE would show up.

the solution is easy. Fire up the second IE before you started to debug and
then navigate to the page.

George.