Question on building composite controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Emjay, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. Emjay

    Emjay Guest

    Hi, there.

    I'm thinking of writing a composite control and wondering
    whether I can write one whose functionality goes as
    follows.

    Let's say that I already have a control MyTextField and
    wish to embed one in another control MyTable. In .ascx,
    they would look like

    <myCtl:MyTable id="table1"...>
    <myCtl:MyTextField id="field1" ..></myCtl:MyTextField>
    <myCtl:MyTextField id="field2" ..></myCtl:MyTextField>
    </myCtl:MyTable>

    App. developers should be able to visually create and
    manipulate the controls both inner and outer.

    It would be appreciated if anyone could let me know
    whether writing controls like this is doable and, if so,
    what to look for.

    Thanks in advance.

    Emjay, Dec 3, 2003