question on "make test"

Huub

Hi,

After a successful "make", "make test" goes wrong with this:
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/00base.............install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load '/root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-3.0006/blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql: /root/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-3.0006/blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at (eval 3) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at t/00base.t line 38
t/00base.............dubious
Test returned status 2 (wstat 512, 0x200)
DIED. FAILED tests 4-5
Failed 2/5 tests, 60.00% okay

More failures follow after this one. I did "make install" after this,
but that goes wrong. What is the best thing to do?

Thanks,

Huub

J. Gleixner

Huub said:
Hi,

After a successful "make", "make test" goes wrong with this:

A successful make of what?
More failures follow after this one. I did "make install" after this,
but that goes wrong. What is the best thing to do?

YAATCBFUSE (Yet Another Answer That Could Be Found Using a Search Engine)

I entered "cannot restore segment prot after reloc", in my favorite
search engine, and found a bunch of helpful sites. Nothing to do with
perl, everything to do with your OS.

Tad McClellan

Huub said:
What is the best thing to do?

The best thing to do is to spend some tiny bit of effort to find
the solution to your problems *before* asking hundreds of other
people to help.

Have you tried googling for the error message text?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to finally give up on you.

It appears that reform is not forthcoming.

So long!

Huub

Tad said:
The best thing to do is to spend some tiny bit of effort to find
the solution to your problems *before* asking hundreds of other
people to help.

I do.
Have you tried googling for the error message text?

Using altavista I found a few that were about Java. Nothing else.
I'm afraid I'm going to have to finally give up on you.

It appears that reform is not forthcoming.

What reform? I am rather new to Perl. Everything I did so far was trying
to install Perl modules.

Thanks for responding anyway.

Huub

J. Gleixner said:
A successful make of what?

"look DBD::mysql"
YAATCBFUSE (Yet Another Answer That Could Be Found Using a Search Engine)

I entered "cannot restore segment prot after reloc", in my favorite
search engine, and found a bunch of helpful sites. Nothing to do with
perl, everything to do with your OS.

I only found some site on this error with Java. Nothing with Perl. I'm
running Fedora Core 5, btw.

Thank you for your response.

Huub

Thank you all. The problem is solved by disabling SELinux, which means
it was the O.S. after all.

Thank you for your patience with me.