Question regarding reading file in asp.net

archana

Hi all,

I am new to asp.net (learning phase).
I have to develop application in asp.net to read file from client pc
and display statistics of that file to client.

So my question is that to read file from client pc do i need to upload
that file on server and then start reading that file.

Or is there any other alternative for this.

Because i just need that file for reading purpose so i think there may
be any facility allow in asp.net to provide facility of reading client
side file.

If someone can shed some light on it then do help me.

Thanks in advance.

DKode

I believe the only way to get this to work with c# is like you said,
upload the file to the server and read it from there, if you have it
somewhere on a network share you can access it by using the UNC path.