questions about rss2's cloud

yawnmoth

According to <http://www.rssboard.org/rss-
specification#ltcloudgtSubelementOfLtchannelgt>, "[cloud] specifies a
web service that supports the rssCloud interface which can be
implemented in HTTP-POST, XML-RPC or SOAP 1.1."

According to <http://www.rssboard.org/rsscloud-interface#client>,
though, you must use "the string "xml-rpc" if the client employs XML-
RPC or "soap" for SOAP". So what if you want to use HTTP-POST? The
first link implies that you can and the second implies that you
can't...

I'm also confused as to the point of the whole cloud interface. It
sounds like it's supposed to an RSS feed that another RSS feed might
link to?

For example, eBay has RSS feeds for searches. Would an appropriate
use of the cloud interface be to make each entry for each auction have
link to the bidding history (which could also be an RSS feed)?

....or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the whole point?