Quicktime SetURL from Javascript

ghassett

Hello,

When I have a Quicktime object embedded in my web page, and I use
Javascript to set its URL, the clip always starts playing immediately,
even if I have the player's autoplay property set to false. Here is a
code snippet:

<EMBED width="100%" height="100%"
TYPE="video/quicktime"
PLUGINSPAGE="www.apple.com/quicktime/download"
name="mediaPlayer"
autoplay="false"
loop="false"
enablejavascript="true">
</EMBED>

Then, in Javascript, I do this:

mediaPlayer.SetAutoPlay (false);
mediaPlayer.SetURL (filename);
mediaPlayer.Stop ();

You can see that I'm really trying to get it to load the darn clip
without playing it, but Quicktime starts playing the song every time
(even though I force a call to SetAutoPlay(false) before calling
SetURL, and call Stop() after calling SetURL())!!!!

Any help would be appreciated ....

// greg //

VK

ghassett said:
Does anyone have any advice that's more specific than "do something
else"?

Did you try
ResetPropertiesOnReload(false)
or
SetResetPropertiesOnReload(false)
(Apple gives teo method names).

Did you try Google during all this time? I've got this link on the
first try:
<http://developer.apple.com/document...ipt/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001526>
(type "Quicktime JavaScript buffering" > I'm Feeling lucky > and just
follow the logic)

If it doesn't help then it doesn't help.

The only way around I can think of is to
document.createElement("OBJECT"), set needed properties and put it as
invisible to the page. A way to get around or to crash the browser with
60/40 chances.