Radio buttons values not posting????

richard

www.mroldies.net/jukebox2.php

<form action="jukebox2.php" method="POST">
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="10" checked>10
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="20">20
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="50">50
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="100">100
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="200">200
Choose Random or Self pick
<input type="radio" name="style value="random" checked>Random
<input type="radio" name="style" value="self">Self Pick<br>
<input type="submit" name="go" value="play">
</form>

When I click the submit button no values are posted in the address bar.
Why?

David Robley

richard said:
www.mroldies.net/jukebox2.php

<form action="jukebox2.php" method="POST">
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="10" checked>10
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="20">20
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="50">50
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="100">100
<input type="radio" name="plays" value="200">200
Choose Random or Self pick
<input type="radio" name="style value="random" checked>Random
<input type="radio" name="style" value="self">Self Pick<br>
<input type="submit" name="go" value="play">
</form>

When I click the submit button no values are posted in the address bar.
Why?

Because you have used the POST method to send form values. Google for "post
and get" (without the quotes) for much more information.

Evan Platt

I just love this kind of response.
If you're not gonna elaborate, then kindly keep your mouth shut.

And that, richard, is why no one ever wants to help you.

Denis McMahon

<form action="jukebox2.php" method="POST">
When I click the submit button no values are posted in the address bar.
Why?

How long have you been using the form element without understanding the
meaning and function of the method attribute?

Doug Miller

I just love this kind of response.
If you're not gonna elaborate,

No elaboration is needed. He indicated exactly where the error is.
then kindly keep your mouth shut.

I just love this kind of response. You wonder why people are rude to you? Right there is
why.

Christoph Michael Becker

Tim said:
The salient question here, richard, is WTF does the address bar have to
do with anything?

Perhaps that the visitor will be able to bookmark his selection?

Tim Streater

Christoph Michael Becker said:
Perhaps that the visitor will be able to bookmark his selection?

Damned unreliable way of doing it. I might decide to make lots of
internal changes so that the site operates identically but in some way
better, and all the keyword=value pairs change.

Ben Bacarisse

Tim Streater said:
Damned unreliable way of doing it.

Is there a better way?
I might decide to make lots of
internal changes so that the site operates identically but in some way
better, and all the keyword=value pairs change.

You don't have to break the old API just because you decide to re-write
the internals.

richard

The salient question here, richard, is WTF does the address bar have to
do with anything?

Like you've never seen an address bar with something like
youtube.com/v/?watch=asldiadjlueou

WTF does this mean, Doug?

After someone posts a response they insert this banking on the probability
that the other person won't reply.
It stems from being out in the wooods and the only sound you hear is
crickets.
In essence, total silence.

When Evan does it, I sometimes reply just to piss him off.

richard

And of course you will now apologize to Jonathan for your rude remarks to him.

<crickets>

No because he was being a jackass.
A better reply would have been, "use GET instead, you dipshit!".

<double crickets>

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
No because he was being a jackass.
A better reply would have been, "use GET instead, you dipshit!".

<double crickets>

As I said I assumed is was just a simple oversight, and since you have
been at it for a decade that all that was needed was a pointer to your
mistake to give you that Aha-Moment. Apparently I was wrong on both
accounts.

Doug Miller

Like you've never seen an address bar with something like
youtube.com/v/?watch=asldiadjlueou

Still missing the point, apparently... so I'll spell it out for you: POST method doesn't have
anything to do with the address bar, hence no reason to expect to see anything in the
address bar when using POST.

Tim Streater

richard said:
Like you've never seen an address bar with something like
youtube.com/v/?watch=asldiadjlueou

But you were using POST and so would not see the string. So, the
address bar had nothing to do with it. Note: I only use POST.
After someone posts a response they insert this banking on the probability
that the other person won't reply.
It stems from being out in the wooods and the only sound you hear is
crickets. In essence, total silence.

Out in the woods what I hear is birds tweeting and wind rustling
through the branches. I certainly don't hear insects.