RadioButtonList within DataGrid

Mike Chamberlain

Hi.

I'm trying to make a datagrid with a RadioButtonList on each row:

<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Action">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:RadioButtonList runat="server">
<asp:listitem runat="server" value="stop" />
<asp:listitem runat="server" value="go" />
</asp:radiobuttonlist>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

I want to be able to associate each button list with the row's ID field
from the data source, so on postback I can determine the selected action
that relates to that ID.

The problem is I don't understand how to access the selected values.
Can anyone help?

Mike

Brock Allen

Assign an ID to the RadioButtonList. Then in your event handler (like the
DataGrid's ItemCommand) you should have access to the DataGridItem (essentially
the row in the datagrid) and you just need to call FindControl("YourIDForTheRadioButtonList").