Random NullPointerException at applet startup

Juha Tuominen

I have a weird problem that I've not been able to work out. I've written
an applet, which crashes randomly with the following log output, but it
crashes _only_ on Sun JVM (I'm using v.1.4.1):

java.lang.NullPointerException
at sun.applet.AppletPanel.appletResize(Unknown Source)
at java.applet.Applet.resize(Unknown Source)
at java.applet.Applet.resize(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

When running on Microsoft JVM (Build 3810), there are no problems. It
seems that the applet is not even started yet when the crash happens in
Sun JVM. Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Juha,
juha.tuominen(at)tuotoi.net