<%=ray%> online query analzyer for access 2000

Chris Hohmann

jason said:
Your are right! I just checked......

I find this a big nuisance as I may be testing the CREATE query locallly
before implementing via my online query analzyer on my live site.....it thus
makes things very difficult if I cannot eyeball it in the queries pane and
open in edit mode....

Is there anyway around this...some kind of a patch or option mode I could
turn on?

Thanks
Jason

Sorry, I don't believe there's any easy way around this limitation. Here
are some things you could try:
1. Someone in the m.p.access.* groups recommended creating a VBA (Visual
Basic for Applications) to check for DDL created objects at startup and
created visible clone thereof.
2. Muck around with the MSys tables. I suspect that the "hidden" nature
of the DDL created objects are tied to the Flags field of the
MSysObjects table. Unfortunately, their is no official documentation for
the MSys tables, so this is complete conjecture on my part.

WARNING!!!! DO NOT muck around with the MSys tables in a production
database. You are likely to render your database completely useless
during the course of testing. I can not recommended strongly enough that
you avoid editing the MSys tables unless it is absolutely necessary.

HTH
-Chris Hohmann