Razor (C) Sharp scripting...

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by SwarmShepherd, Sep 9, 2011.

  1. <!-- Single statement block. -->
    @{ var theMonth = DateTime.Now.Month; }

    <!-- Multi-statement block. -->
    @{
    var outsideTemp = 79;
    var weatherMessage = "Hello, it is " + outsideTemp + " degrees.";

    }

    For my client-side work I've been looking around again (IronRuby,
    Sinatra, Mono, Rails...) and gosh darned but the most exciting thing
    I'm seeing this time around is this new "templating engine" from the
    Evil Empire.

    note var type for outsideTemp was never declared, note that converting
    itself to a String is automatic....

    The whole C# / Razor thing seems, somehow, like it might be largely
    inspired by Ruby?

    Just my humble impression.

    It seems a real shame that IronRuby isn't alive and well enough to
    kick it up with C# in this particular niche?

    Best,

    SwarmShepherd aka Thunk

    SwarmShepherd, Sep 9, 2011