Date : Tuesday, September 16, 2003
From : Graham Fawcett <[email protected]>
To : ads <[email protected]>
Subject : from clipper move to python
ads said:
Thank you for the respon,

But right now I'm still not ready using linux, a lot of my client were
using windows. Is someone know what should I use to create text
console application like clipper using python in (stupid) windows?

Thanks
:)

Stupid Windows? Now, now, let's not start a flamewar. ;-)

I've never used it, but I do see that there is a "Curses for Windows for
Python" project at

http://flangy.com/dev/python/curses/

though it's an "alpha" stage project.

There's also "public domain curses" or pdcurses, available for Win32,

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/pdcurses.htm

Presumably it would work with the Python curses module. But again, I've
not used it.

In my opinion, you would probably have more success writing a GUI
application using one of the "easy" app builders like PythonCard. It may
be a new experience for you, but there will be more people who would be
able to support you and answer your questions.

-- Graham