Re-Direct to full screen window..

David

Hi,

This may or may not be a JavaScript issue.

I have an asp page which just displays some information to a user few
a couple of seconds before redirecing.

This asp page is displayed in a small window.

I am using the following META tag to re-direct, but I want the next
page maximised.

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="2;url=JobSheet.asp">

How can I get JobSheet.asp to open fullscreen from this code, whilst
closing the small window ?

If there is another group better suited to answer this, please let me
know.

Appreciate your help

David.

Randy Webb

David said:
Hi,

This may or may not be a JavaScript issue.

I have an asp page which just displays some information to a user few
a couple of seconds before redirecing.

This asp page is displayed in a small window.

I am using the following META tag to re-direct, but I want the next
page maximised.

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="2;url=JobSheet.asp">

Be aware that IE6 explicitly allows the disabling of the META Refresh.
How can I get JobSheet.asp to open fullscreen from this code, whilst
closing the small window ?

And if the browser has no fullscreen mode? But, with the way you are
doing it, your only hope is to try to resize the window after its open.
If there is another group better suited to answer this, please let me
know.

That depends on why you think your site needs to be maximized on my PC.
My desktop is dual monitored and currently its 2560 X 1024. I have yet
to see any page that needs to be that large. Even if you could open a
maximized window on my PC (You can't).