"reading" a pixel on the monitor screen

grogerteal

Hello, I am pretty new to programming and would like someone to help me get
started on the program that I need to make.
I hope it is not hard to do, but what I would like is a simple app that
has a label which returns the color of a pixel that is in position x,y on
the screen (i.e. the desktop @ 1024 x 768 pixels), where x and y are of
course variable.
if someone could post the code that i should put in my program i would be
very grateful

Andre Kostur

Hello, I am pretty new to programming and would like someone to help
me get started on the program that I need to make.
I hope it is not hard to do, but what I would like is a simple app
that has a label which returns the color of a pixel that is in
position x,y on the screen (i.e. the desktop @ 1024 x 768 pixels),
where x and y are of course variable.
if someone could post the code that i should put in my program i would
be very grateful

You're in the wrong group. That's a platform-specific question and should
be asked on a newsgroup specific to your platform. comp.lang.c++ deals
with Standard C++, which doesn't even require one to have a screen......