Reading from a PDF

Max Power

I'm looking for a way to read text off of a PDF document in Windows.
The catch is that this code will get packaged as an ocra executable and
be run from a pc that does not have Ruby installed. I've google
searched and everything I read talks about needing to modify something
within the /Windows/System32 folder. I won't be able to make this
modification on the pcs that this will be run from (unless ocra does
something with it when it packages).

Are there any alternatives other than the PDFToolkit? I'm assuming the
toolkit will not work unless you make those /System32 changes?

Dominic Sisneros

http://www.darknet.org.uk/2009/10/origami-parse-analyze-forge-pdf-documents/

<http://www.darknet.org.uk/2009/10/origami-parse-analyze-forge-pdf-documents/>

origami is a Ruby framework designed to parse, analyze, and forge PDF
documents. This is NOT a PDF rendering library. It aims at providing a
scripting tool<http://www.darknet.org.uk/2009/10/origami-parse-analyze-forge-pdf-documents/#>
generate and analyze malicious PDF files. As well, it can be used to create
on-the-fly customized PDFs, or to inject (evil) code into already existing
documents.