Reading fields and their values from a signed PDF form

dr-ffm

Hi,
i was wondering if anyone has an example script (or module) to extract
all form fields and their values of a (self)signed PDF form?

If it was just one PDF i'd just copy the fieldnames and their values
within acrobat - but i have like 3000 of them ;) ... and there will be
more.

Normally, extracting fields/values from a pdf form isnt that
complicated .. but if the pdf is signed (or has some security features
like "deny editing" enabled) - the raw data looks pretty much crypted
and i cant read what i want.

i found some nice console app from www.pdf-tools.com, called "PDF Form
Filling & Flattening Tool" which does the job pretty well. but it costs
~300$ ..

any help appriciated ++ thanks in advance

daniel

dr-ffm

Pdftk, available free from www.accesspdf.com, can help you with this
problem. You'll need the password for each file.

pdftk mydoc.pdf input_pw password dump_data_fields output data.txt

Thanks alot! :) Works perfect. .. at least for the PDFs whose passwords
i know.
No idea how the tool from pdf-tools.com is managing to extract the form
fields without knowing the password - but i guess that's why it costs
300$ :x

But thats a start - really helped me alot.

Thanks again & regards

daniel