Reading from registry from within IE7

Henk

Hi,

Is there a way to read a registry key from HKLM from an asp.net page?

regards,
Henk

bruce barker

only with an active/x control you convince the user to load.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Mark Rae

Is there a way to read a registry key from HKLM from an asp.net page?

Yeah - it's just next to the option which allows you to format the client's
hard disk...

No of course there isn't - not directly, at least.

You could probably write an ActiveX control / Java applet to do it, if you
could convince any user who was stupid enough to install it...

Henk

They will install the activeX, that is not the problem, it are customers
that want to run an windows app started from a (intranet) webpage, only is
there the possibilty that they install in any folder they want, and that
location is stored in the registry. If I can read that then I can give that
to the LaunchInIE activeX control et voilla.

I did try an activeX written in .NET 2.0 (winform user control) but keep
getting security errors.

Any a good idee what I am missing?

H.