recieve zip file via xml

asis.morodo

Hey guys,

I am connecting to a supllier via SOAP that sends me with the price
list zipped inside an xml message. I can connect and I can retrieve
the xml information (see the message, save the content, etc...)
however i am unable to unzip the information contained in the tag

here is my code:

<code>
<?php

$client = new SoapClient("mywsdl service",array('trace' => 1));

$call = $client->__soapCall("Cliente",
array('Cliente'=>array('ncliente'=>"user",'pss'=>"password")));

//Some debugging

echo("\r\nCabecera de la solicitud:\n" .$client-
__getLastRequestHeaders());

echo("\r\nSolicitud:\n".$client->__getLastRequest());

echo("\r\nCabecera de Respuesta:\n" . $client-
__getLastResponseHeaders());

echo ("\r\nRespuesta:" . $client->__getLastResponse());

$myFile = "prueba.zip";
$fh = fopen($myFile, 'wb');

fwrite($fh, $call->ClienteRespuesta);

fclose($fh);

?>
</code>

When i try to open the file with zip i get an error. the file has
1024kb so I know there is info in there but i just dont know how to
access it. I have also tried to base64_decode manually before the SOAP
parses the info with no luck.

Thank you for any help.

Dikkie Dik

$myFile = "prueba.zip";
$fh = fopen($myFile, 'wb');

fwrite($fh, $call->ClienteRespuesta);

If this really is a SOAP service, it will contain XML. There are a few
ways to send binaries with XML, but a SOAP service will never send a
pure binary as far as I know.
When i try to open the file with zip i get an error. the file has
1024kb so I know there is info in there but i just dont know how to
access it. I have also tried to base64_decode manually before the SOAP
parses the info with no luck.

Just take a look at the saved file. If there is any base64 encoded data
inside, it is given within XML tags. So again, it is not the whole response.

But there is also the possibility that it is an attachment. In that
case, the response is a multipart download. I do not know the SOAP
library enough to be able to tell you if it can handle that. If it can
(which would not surprise me), there is probably a method of the client
object that gives you access to the attachments.

Good luck and a nice christmas,
Dikkie

asismorodo

Thanks Dikkie,

With soap i do retrieve an xml file which i save into $call. I can
reference the tags directly, since the information I want is in the
ClienteRespuesta tag, I write it directly into the file.
fwrite($fh, $call->ClienteRespuesta);
Just take a look at the saved file. If there is any base64 encoded data
inside, it is given within XML tags. So again, it is not the whole response.

AFAIK soap decodes base64 when you access the xml tag. in any case i
have tried decoding manually by debugging the response with the same
result. As you can see in the code above I am extracting the data from
the tags, so there are no tags in the file.

If the file is an attachment how would you handle with xml, i havent
seen anything in soap.

Thanks again and Happy Christmas to you too.

shimmyshack

Thanks Dikkie,

With soap i do retrieve an xml file which i save into $call. I can
reference the tags directly, since the information I want is in the
ClienteRespuesta tag, I write it directly into the file.
 fwrite($fh, $call->ClienteRespuesta);

AFAIK soap decodes base64 when you access the xml tag. in any case i
have tried decoding manually by debugging the response with the same
result. As you can see in the code above I am extracting the data from
the tags, so there are no tags in the file.

If the file is an attachment how would you handle with xml, i havent
seen anything in soap.

Thanks again and Happy Christmas to you too.

it might sound silly, but have you checked out the "raw" response xml
packet in a text editor. That way you get to see exactly what is being
returned, you can then judge whether $call->ClienteRespuesta is enough
to get at the encoded data. After all its the service creator that
ultimately gets to decide how the zip is sent, it's their
documentation that will provide the best answers here. do they
<tag><![CDATA[base64encode(zip)]]></tag>
or
<tag typeofencoding="base43withnobson"><![CDATA[strangestuffhere]]></
tag>
or something weirder

[...]

or something weirder- Hide quoted text -

I have, with the debuggin message within the code I can see exactly
what is being transmitted. Unfortunately this is no much use sine the
data is base64 encoded and if decoded it´s still garbage since it´s a
zip encoded stream.

Whether or not they are enclosing the information in CDATA, Im afraid
they´re not. I will contact them see if I can get them to add that.

Thank you for your help.

Asis

shimmyshack

On Dec 24, 1:03 pm, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
[...]

Asis- Hide quoted text -

well CDATA isnt needed if it IS base64encoded as there will never be
any illegal xml characters. (< or &)
however if the stream you get when base64decoding is binary you do
need to know what it is, might it be gzipped rather than a zip. You
can test this by saving the binary within your server root somewhere
public as
test.txt.gz
and trying to retrieve it from a browser, the browser should
uncompress the stream and render the text. If it is just "corrupt"
meaning you cannot see any part of it using a hex editor then the
documentation from the developers of the service should say what
format it is, they really ought to provide some kind of "test" service
a known call and a known response, with a response already saved you
can calculate the md5 of both that way to compare.

asismorodo

[...]

can calculate the md5 of both that way to compare.- Ocultar texto de la cita -

- Mostrar texto de la cita -

Ok so found the problem, the code is right, the only change that was
needed was the way the string was "unzipped". The sting was compressed
using gzip format so used gzuncompress() and voila, works. Thank you
all for your help.