Recommend Forum Software

Discussion in 'HTML' started by aaronfude, Dec 12, 2005.

  1. aaronfude

    aaronfude Guest

    Hi,

    I'm looking for a forum software package that has the following
    features. Can someone recommend a good match or the closes thing?

    1. Thread discussions.
    2. No Perl (a personal allergy)
    3. Free, at least to evaluate
    4. Has some kind of an API to start a discussion programmatically or
    with propietary forms.
    5. Has a dedicated development team (i.e. won't become defunct soon)

    Would also be good
    a. Instant polls
    b. Email notification system
    c. A good interactive editor
    d. Looks sharp

    Thanks!

    Aaron Fude

    aaronfude, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Does your webhost support the use of PHP and MySQL? If yes, then phpBB
    might be a good choice.
    http://www.phpbb.com/

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Dec 12, 2005

  3. aaronfude

    Vhit Guest

    <alt.html , , >
    <>
    www.whatforum.co.uk has a list of the usual suspects .

    Threaded discussion forum apps are quite rare rare though .

    Vhit, Dec 12, 2005