Recommended validating XML parser?

Kirk Strauser

We're looking for a current, supported, validating XML parser. Since it
seems like there are a few thousand out there, I though we'd see what
everyone else is using.

Bonus points if it can do something like:
<xml>
<weight>3000</weight>
3000

....or some variant on that theme.

Stefan Behnel

Kirk said:
We're looking for a current, supported, validating XML parser. Since it
seems like there are a few thousand out there, I though we'd see what
everyone else is using.

You are asking for lxml, right?

http://codespeak.net/lxml/

Bonus points if it can do something like:

3000

...or some variant on that theme.

Not currently supported, only document internal DTD references are used. But
you can always validate the document *after* parsing, be it with DTD,
XMLSchema or RNG.

BTW, adding this would be straight forward. The implementation is there, it's
just not available at the API level (and I'm not sure enough how it should
look like...)

Stefan