Recompile of ascx - Urgent

Guest

Hi,
We are having issues whenever we push the dynamically compiled .ascx files
into prod. These are the files with no codebehind and what happens is that
the old users see this error and the new ones are ok so somewhere the
reference gets lost. We have also observed if we remove the asp.net cache
files manually and restart the IIS the problem goes away. We are using
ASP.NET 2.0 and did not see this issue in the 1.0 version. Can anybody from
Microsoft help ?

This is the full error:
ystem.Web.HttpParseException: The file
'/usercontrols/ui/lnav_feature_links.ascx' does not exist. --->
System.Exception: The file '/usercontrols/ui/lnav_feature_links.ascx' does
not exist. ---> System.Web.HttpException: The file
'/usercontrols/ui/lnav_feature_links.ascx' does not exist.
at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext
context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at System.Web.UI.BaseTemplateParser.GetReferencedType(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean allowNoCompile)
at System.Web.UI.BaseTemplateParser.GetUserControlType(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at
System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.ProcessUserControlRegistration(UserControlRegisterEntry ucRegisterEntry)
at System.Web.UI.BaseTemplateParser.ProcessDirective(String
directiveName, IDictionary directive)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.ProcessDirective(String
directiveName, IDictionary directive)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding
fileEncoding)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding
fileEncoding)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath
virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath
virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath,
VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()
at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext
context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath)
at Hsn.Web.UI.BasePage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.error_default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)