An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist

Guest

Hi,

We've recently upgraded our ASP.Net 1.1 web application to ASP.Net 2.0 (Web
Application Project Model). One one of our staging web servers (W2K), we've
started receiving the above error fairly frequently.

It tends to happen soon after deploying (via xcopy) a new version of the
site and then running iisreset, although sometimes it may happen anything up
to 15 minutes after a new version has been deployed.

The full error with stack trace is below. It looks like something internal
to do with LoadControl or compilation from the stack trace.

The annoying thing is, we havent reproduced this error on any dev
workstations, or (fortunately) our production environment yet.

Has anybody experienced something similar ?

Thanks

Roy.

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 27/03/2007 16:04:29
Event time (UTC): 27/03/2007 15:04:29
Event ID: 69e920cb14524ef5a330e0e5540ae47e
Event sequence: 5
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/Root/MATWeb-1-128194812585312500
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /MATWeb
Application Path: D:\INETPUB\Publish\MAT\MATWeb\
Machine name: GBLOND088S9B

Process information:
Process ID: 3488
Process name: aspnet_wp.exe
Account name: GBLOND088S9B\ASPNET

Exception information:
Exception type: IOException
Exception message: An attempt was made to reference a token that does
not exist.

Request information:
Request URL: http://gblond088s9b/MATWeb/DeskTopDefault.aspx?tabid=77
Request path: /MATWeb/DeskTopDefault.aspx
User host address: 10.14.7.110
User: gbmabj
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Forms
Thread account name: GBLOND088S9B\ASPNET

Thread information:
Thread ID: 5
Thread account name: GBLOND088S9B\ASPNET
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String
maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess
access, FileShare share)
at System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualFile.Open()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath,
VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()
at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath
virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext
context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath)
at ABNAmro.MATWeb.DesktopDefault.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)