CheckVirtualFileExists

Guest

I have an asp.net application with a HttpModules in it.
It looks at:

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.UnhandledException += new
UnhandledExceptionEventHandler(OnUhe); //UHE on threads

application.Error += new EventHandler(OnError); //regular UHE

When I put in a URL with a bad location I get an System.Web.HttpException
that is captured in my OnError method.

I would like to capture that this a 404 exception and display something
appropriate.

My HttpModule
has:

protected virtual void OnError(object sender, EventArgs args)
{
HttpApplication application = sender as HttpApplication;

Exception ex = application.Server.GetLastError() as Exception;

ProcessTheUHE(ex);
}

What's interesting though is that Application.Response.StatusCode=200, not
404. Is my HttpModule messing something up. Is there a reliable way to
identify that this is a 404?
thanks,

ex.Message

"The file '/Hr-AuthTest/Defaxult.aspx' does not exist."

STACK TRACE

at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
allowBuildInPrecompile)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext
context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp,
Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath
virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
at
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath
virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean
allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context,
String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
at
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext
context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Chuck,

At that time in your HTTP module's Error handler, the Response.StatusCode
hasn't been set, which has the default value of 200.

To retrieve the http status code that caused the exception, you can check
for HttpException.GetHttpCode():

HttpException ex = Server.GetLastError() as HttpException;
if (ex != null)
{
int statusCode = ex.GetHttpCode();
}

This should return 404 if the request path isn't found.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support