Record from ip camera

Angelo

I have to show on a browser live images from an ip camera and record the
video in the hd. Where can I find examples and suggestions for a startup ?

Thank you for any help.

Stefano

Erwin Moller

Angelo said:
I have to show on a browser live images from an ip camera and record the
video in the hd. Where can I find examples and suggestions for a startup ?

Thank you for any help.

Stefano

Hi Stefano,

I don't think (clientside) JavaScript will be a big help here, unless your
camera has a webserver build in.
JavaScript is limmited on purpose and cannot do things as recording to HD.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Angelo

Thank you for the answer.
The camera has a web server built in.
I understand that javascript is clientside and is not useful for my purpose,
what do you think I should use instead ?

Thank you again.
Stefano

"Erwin Moller"

Erwin Moller

Angelo said:
Thank you for the answer.
The camera has a web server built in.
I understand that javascript is clientside and is not useful for my
purpose, what do you think I should use instead ?

Well, it can be some work to roll your own, depending on what you want.
I would use PHP (serverside language) to do such things.
You can also look for a ready-to-go piece of software.
Did the vendor not give you any software on a CDrom or something?
Or on their website?

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Si Ballenger

I have to show on a browser live images from an ip camera and record the
video in the hd. Where can I find examples and suggestions for a startup ?

Thank you for any help.

Stefano

If the IP cam can supply frames in response to an http request,
then you can use javascript in a web page to keep the frames
updating. You can also save a series of frames using a somewhat
similar setup. Below are a couple of pages I made to test a
simple setup (but these are not IP cams).

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000pullscript.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm#
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm