Recorset Lock Types Not Working

Colin Steadman

Why doesnt this work -

rs.Open SQL, connection, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly

But this does

rs.Open SQL, connection, adOpenForwardOnly, 1

If I use the first option I get this error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9'
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable
range, or are in conflict with one another

TIA,

Colin

Colin Steadman

have you included ADOVBS.inc??

No. Never heard of it. Cant find a reference to it in my
book either.
you either need to define the arguments

eg
adlockreadonly = 1

or include the adovbs.inc file which describes what they all are

I think!!!

Yes thats done the trick, I've just included it and can
now use adlockreadonly properly.

So this is just a file full of constants, any reason I
cant put this in the global.asa file?

And thankyou for posting.

Colin