Redirect by POST method to another applications

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by gustav, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. gustav

    gustav Guest

    Hey there, I have this problem:

    I´m migrating an ASP site to ASP.NET 1.1, and I find myself stuck because of
    this Form that has some inputs to access an Extranet...
    When the user submits, the values of the text inputs pass by POST method to
    a webform in another application (and another server)
    I find this problems:
    - ASP.NET pages allow one Form only, which submit just to itself by POST
    method
    - Server.Transfer() is useful just to redirect to webforms in the same
    application
    - Response.Redirect() allows me to redirect to webforms in other
    applications but by GET method, and I need to pass these parameters by POST
    - The only solution I find is an IFRAME with the old ASP page, but it
    doesn´t seem rigth...

    Any other solution??
    Thanks!

    gustav, Mar 20, 2007

  2. gustav

    bruce barker Guest

    the other option is to use the asp.net site as a proxy to the Extranet
    site.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 20, 2007

  3. gustav

    gustav Guest

    yeah, could try that...
    any other solution to the general problem (How to make a POST request to
    another application's page from ASP.NET 1.1 )

    gustav, Mar 20, 2007
  4. gustav

    Patrice Guest

    You could also alter the action attribute to post to another page (either
    using JS or you'll find server side form replacement controls allowing to do
    that as 1.1 post always to the same page).

    Patrice, Mar 21, 2007