.Redirect - Concant. problems

jason

I'm having trouble incantenating this string what is the best way to do this
if the string is extremely long especially for response.redirect...

I tried switching between asp and html to make it easier but I pick up
syntax errors when I do this...

<%Response.redirect
"http://opt-in.verticalresponse.com/?"%>fid=20351f4764&email_address=&first_
name=&last_name=&optin=1%>

Ray at

Evertjan.

jason wrote on 07 aug 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I'm having trouble incantenating this string what is the best way to
do this if the string is extremely long especially for
response.redirect...

I tried switching between asp and html to make it easier but I pick up
syntax errors when I do this...

<%Response.redirect
"http://opt-in.verticalresponse.com/?"%>fid=20351f4764&email_address=&f
irst_ name=&last_name=&optin=1%>

Response.redirect is serverside code and can NEVER have HTML.

jason

Thanks!

Ray at said:
You're trying to interlace ASP in ASP. My advice is to simplify things as
much as possible until it's all second nature.

<%

sRedirect = "http://opt-in.verticalresponse.com/?fid=20351f4764"
sRedirect = sRedirect & "&email_address=" & Server.URLEncode(email_address)
sRedirect = sRedirect & "&first_name=" & Server.URLEncode(first_name)
sRedirect = sRedirect & "&last_name=" & Server.URLEncode(last_name)
sRedirect = sRedirect & "&optin=1"

Response.WRITE sRedirect

''uncomment this after you understand what happened
'Response.Redirect sRedirect

%>

Ray at work

"http://opt-in.verticalresponse.com/?"%>fid=20351f4764&email_address=<%=emai
"http://opt-in.verticalresponse.com/?"%>fid=20351f4764&email_address=&first_

MePadre

I think your string should look more like this. By
closing the ASP with the %> the response.redirect is not
getting the entire querystring