Reference dummy xslt in xml

markjcostello

Hi,
I have a service running on my machine that generates continuous stats
in xml.
I want to constantly reference an xslt file (using <?xml-stylesheet
type="text/xsl" href="Test3.xsl"?>) within the xml that does not change
the formatting of the xml in any way when i access the xml in a
browser. This means that the xsl file will be a "dummy" file until I
import another xslt into the "dummy" file using <xsl:import
href="Test2.xsl" />.
Is there a way that I can do this in a constant manner?

Thanks

Soren Kuula

Hi,
I have a service running on my machine that generates continuous stats
in xml.
I want to constantly reference an xslt file (using <?xml-stylesheet
type="text/xsl" href="Test3.xsl"?>) within the xml that does not change
the formatting of the xml in any way when i access the xml in a
browser. This means that the xsl file will be a "dummy" file until I
import another xslt into the "dummy" file using <xsl:import
href="Test2.xsl" />.
Is there a way that I can do this in a constant manner?

Thanks
Hi,

I guess you need to write Test3.xsl as a (general) identity transform,
and then when time comes, use include, not import to pull in another
stylesheet.

The reason is: The template rules in Test3 will override any rules in
stylesheets imported from Test3. Priorities don't matter. But when using
include, the including and the included module will be merged into one,
and in the included one, you can make priorities a little higer than in
Test3, for override.

Soren