referrer id

M. Evrim Demir

How can I learn where my visitor came from? I mean which site reffered
to my site? (Something called referrer id/ip)

Thanks in advance..

Evrim

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Brian Staff <brianstaff@[NoSpam]
compuserve.com> writing in
request.servervariables("http_referer")

it does always contain anything, especially if they typed in your URL

Brian

Also a good idea to include that in the logs for later analysis. With that
information being logged, you will also be able to see what search
phrases/keywords people are using to reach your site.

M. Evrim Demir

Thanks for your answers. My server doesn't allow me to access logs, so
I wrote a script that keeps track of my visitors, their ip numbers,
date, time and the page visited. When I added the string
(http_referer) to my logger script, it worked well with internal
links. But when I click on link leading to my site on external web
page, it gave me internal server error. What may be the problem? How
can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Evrim

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) (M. Evrim Demir)
writing in
Thanks for your answers. My server doesn't allow me to access logs, so
I wrote a script that keeps track of my visitors, their ip numbers,
date, time and the page visited. When I added the string
(http_referer) to my logger script, it worked well with internal
links. But when I click on link leading to my site on external web
page, it gave me internal server error. What may be the problem? How
can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Evrim

What error did it give you?