    possible to refer to the child from the new window, using the name I
    passed to the window.open call?

    Thanks, - Dave

    laredotornado, Aug 29, 2011

  2. laredotornado

    RobG Guest

    No.

    The section on browsing contexts, window and document objects in the
    HTML5 draft might be useful:

    RobG, Aug 30, 2011

  3. laredotornado

    RobG Guest

    Probably should qualify that. If you load a new document, rather than
    just navigate to an anchor in the current page, then you will get a
    new window object and new global script execution context. Using the
    back button will probably restore the context, but I'm not confident
    it will be reliable for child windows.

    RobG, Aug 30, 2011