public F(IA ia){...}
}

If I do this:

A a = new A();
F f = new F(a);

It works fine. But if I do this:

A a = new A();
Class clazz = Class.forName("F");
Constructor constructor = clazz.getConstructor(new Class[]{a.getClass()});

The last line does not work because F does not have a constructor like F(A){}.
Why? How can I fix it? I have to use the reflection in my project.

Thanks,

John

Chris Smith

public interface IA{...}
public class A implements IA{...}
public class F{
public F(IA ia){...}
}
[...]

Class clazz = Class.forName("F");
Constructor constructor = clazz.getConstructor(new Class[]{a.getClass()});

The last line does not work because F does not have a constructor like F(A){}.
Why? How can I fix it? I have to use the reflection in my project.

Since you no longer have the compiler to help you at runtime, you'll
need to resolve the desired constructor on your own. That means walking
through the superclasses and superinterfaces of the class in question,
looking for a constructor that works.

Just as is the case with the compiler, it's possible to find an
ambiguous match (for example, two unrelated superinterfaces both match).
The compiler will give an error at compile-time in this case; you need
to decide how to deal with it at runtime.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation