Reg: Showing default data in DropDownList

Sagaar

Hi

I have a datagrid with 2 DropDownList controls...I am binding data to these
controls on pageload event.

I wanted to show some default text in these controls like "Select Drodown1"
but this value is not present in dataset...

How can I add this to those controls in datagrid without adding that in
dataset??

Somebody was suggesting for Pre-Render...but no ides how to do that? any
ideas/pointers, snippets?

TIA

Rgads
sagarr

MS

Hi,
If you are using vs2003 then u can do it in Itemdatabound event od
datagrid/datalist

in item databound u need to find the dropdown control and then u can add
item to dropdow. what u want

Munawar Hussain
best of luck