reg 'System' function

Harsh_forC

hello folks,
when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is outputting
the
following error msg..." Not enough memory"
wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?
plz help me out!

Jordan Abel

hello folks,
when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is outputting
the
following error msg..." Not enough memory"
wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?

Buy more memory, probably

Please provide more details, such as some actual code

SM Ryan

# hello folks,
# when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is outputting
# the
# following error msg..." Not enough memory"
# wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?
# plz help me out!

Is this one of those systems that reserve all available memory
to the one running program?

Madhav

Jordan said:
Buy more memory, probably
Please put some code to help us sorting out your problem.

Are you using Turbo C IDE? If you are, then in that case this message
will be flashed. Try quiting the IDE and run the program from outside.

Madhav.

Keith Thompson

Harsh_forC said:
when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is outputting
the
following error msg..." Not enough memory"
wat does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton?

There is no "System" function in standard C. Do you mean the "system"
function? (I'm not just being picky; "System" and "system" could be
two distinct functions.)

Chuck F.

Harsh_forC said:
when i'm using 'System' funtion in TC, perror function is
outputting the following error msg..." Not enough memory" wat
does it mean? how to get rid of this situaiton? plz help me out!

I would strongly suspect it means that there is not enough memory
available to do what you want.

Rahul Chandok

Hi,

Please send us the code snippet you are tring to execute.

ENOMEM normally comes when the new process requires more memory than it
is currently available. May be one option is to try executing the light
process in system(..) and after that see you get the same error.

HTH
Rahul

Mike Wahler

Harsh_forC said:
hello folks,
when i'm using 'System' funtion

There is no function 'System' in standard C. I'll assume
you mean 'system'.
in TC, perror function is outputting
the
following error msg..." Not enough memory"
wat does it mean?

It means there's not enough memory available to your program
to perform whatever operation it requested. What is that
operation and how much memory does it need? We'll never
know unless you post your code.
how to get rid of this situaiton?

Either reduce the amount of memory required by your
'mystery' operation (how? : change the code); or:

Provide enough memory to meet its existing requirements
(how?: this will depend upon your system. With a multitasking
system, perhaps simply terminating some other processes
will suffice. Changing your code so it doesn't use as much
memory in other places might free up enough. And there's
always the option of installing more physical memory (but
how or whether this actually increases the memory available
to your program is system dependent.)

plz help me out!

Please be specific when asking for assistance here.

-Mike