Regarding ASP application with AJAX Extension

anbaesivam

I have developed an ASP application with AJAX Extension 1.0. When I run the
application from VS 2008, the webpages with AJAX are opened properly. Then I
configured the application in IIS server as a new virtual directory under
default web site. My Operating system is Windows Server 2003. When I try to
access the application configured in IIS, I got the following error. When I
configured the application in my XP system IIS, it works fine.

<Error message shown in the browser>

Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

<Error message End>

Message shown in the event viewer

Message1:

Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

------------------

Message 2:

Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/test

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
Access is denied.

StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName,
String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName,
Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args,
CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)
at
System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String
appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
hostingParameters)

Steven Cheng

Hi anbaesivam,

From your description, you have an ASP.NET AJAX based application(created
via vs 2008) which works well on XP dev machine, but report "Server
Application Unavailable" error when you deploy it to a win2k3 IIS6 server,
correct?

As you've found, for such "Server Application Unavailable" generic error,
we need to look for some further error info in evenlog. And for the two
errors you provided:

============
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.
============

It seems the ASP.NET runtime failed to start at the very begining. have you
ever deployed and run any other ASP.NET application on that win2k3 server
before or is any one running correctly now? To verify that whether the
ASP.NET environment on the win2k3 server has some problem, I suggest you
create a very simple ASP.NET web application and deploy it into the win2k3
server to see whether it can run or still report the same error.

And so far based on my experience, here are something you can try first if
the problem is poved to occur on all ASP.NET web application(not specific
to your application only).

ASP.NET application is hosted in IIS server, and it runs under a certain
process account(that is a IIS process account). On XP it is
"machine\ASPNET" and "NETWORK SERVICE" on IIS 6 by default. And for ASP.NET
or other IIS application to run correctly, the worker process account need
to have some certain permissions. So you can first verify what is your
ASP.NET application's current worker process account( you can find it in
the application pool setting of your virtual directory). Then, check the
permissions via the following article:

#Configuring ASP.NET Process Identity
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwc1xthy.aspx

#Default permissions and user rights for IIS 6.0
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812614

#How To: Create a Service Account for an ASP.NET 2.0 Application

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to post here.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?YW5iYWVzaXZhbQ==?= <[email protected]>
Subject: Regarding ASP application with AJAX Extension
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:44:05 -0800
I have developed an ASP application with AJAX Extension 1.0. When I run the
application from VS 2008, the webpages with AJAX are opened properly. Then
configured the application in IIS server as a new virtual directory under
default web site. My Operating system is Windows Server 2003. When I try to
access the application configured in IIS, I got the following error. When

Steven Cheng

Hi anbaesivam,

Have you got any progress on this issue or does the suggestion in my last
reply help some? If there is still anything need help, please feel free to