Regarding ASP application with AJAX Extension

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by anbaesivam, Feb 5, 2009.

  1. anbaesivam

    anbaesivam Guest

    I have developed an ASP application with AJAX Extension 1.0. When I run the
    application from VS 2008, the webpages with AJAX are opened properly. Then I
    configured the application in IIS server as a new virtual directory under
    default web site. My Operating system is Windows Server 2003. When I try to
    access the application configured in IIS, I got the following error. When I
    configured the application in my XP system IIS, it works fine.

    <Error message shown in the browser>

    Server Application Unavailable
    The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is
    currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser
    to retry your request.

    Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific
    request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server.
    Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

    <Error message End>

    Message shown in the event viewer

    Message1:

    Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created.
    Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

    ------------------

    Message 2:

    Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/test

    Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException

    Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
    Access is denied.

    StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName,
    String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
    forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
    codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&
    stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
    Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
    forIntrospection)
    at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString,
    Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
    forIntrospection)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName,
    Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args,
    CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
    at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
    at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)
    at
    System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String
    appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters
    hostingParameters)
    at
    System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String

    anbaesivam, Feb 5, 2009

  2. anbaesivam

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi anbaesivam,

    From your description, you have an ASP.NET AJAX based application(created
    via vs 2008) which works well on XP dev machine, but report "Server
    Application Unavailable" error when you deploy it to a win2k3 IIS6 server,
    correct?

    As you've found, for such "Server Application Unavailable" generic error,
    we need to look for some further error info in evenlog. And for the two
    errors you provided:

    ============
    ============

    It seems the ASP.NET runtime failed to start at the very begining. have you
    ever deployed and run any other ASP.NET application on that win2k3 server
    before or is any one running correctly now? To verify that whether the
    ASP.NET environment on the win2k3 server has some problem, I suggest you
    create a very simple ASP.NET web application and deploy it into the win2k3
    server to see whether it can run or still report the same error.

    And so far based on my experience, here are something you can try first if
    the problem is poved to occur on all ASP.NET web application(not specific
    to your application only).

    ASP.NET application is hosted in IIS server, and it runs under a certain
    process account(that is a IIS process account). On XP it is
    "machine\ASPNET" and "NETWORK SERVICE" on IIS 6 by default. And for ASP.NET
    or other IIS application to run correctly, the worker process account need
    to have some certain permissions. So you can first verify what is your
    ASP.NET application's current worker process account( you can find it in
    the application pool setting of your virtual directory). Then, check the
    permissions via the following article:

    #Configuring ASP.NET Process Identity
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dwc1xthy.aspx

    #Default permissions and user rights for IIS 6.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812614

    #How To: Create a Service Account for an ASP.NET 2.0 Application

    If you have anything unclear, please feel free to post here.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    Steven Cheng, Feb 5, 2009

  3. anbaesivam

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi anbaesivam,

    Have you got any progress on this issue or does the suggestion in my last
    reply help some? If there is still anything need help, please feel free to

    Steven Cheng, Feb 9, 2009