RegisterStartUpScript

BillGatesFan

If I click a button and have a function that registers a startup
script like
button_click event:

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(GetType(Page), "gArray", "var
DAddresses = new Array(1,2,3);", True)

Then I have in my head tag

<script type="text/javascript">

var DAddresses = null;
function initialize() {
alert(DAddresses);
if (DAdresses)
showAddress(DAddresses);

}

function showAddress(address) {
alert(address);
</script>

I'm trying to create an javascript array on the server to be used by
my client-side javascript on postback

bruce barker

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript add it script right after the <form
runat=server> tag. this means that function and variables are not available
to inline code in the <head>. your client javascript should not access server
generated code until onload.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)