Regular Expression for UK Phone numbers?

Andy

Hi.
Has anyone a reliable regular expression for UK phone numbers?

Done the usual google search and on regexlib but so far nothing seems close
to actually working.

Maybe of our stupid phone numbers were'nt so complicated.....

Cheers

Andy B

John Timney (MVP) said:
At least one of the patterns has a five rating on regexplib, which suggests
it should work.

http://regexlib.com/UserPatterns.aspx?authorId=d95177b0-6014-4e73-a959-73f1663ae814

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

Only the mobile one has 5 stars, the normal phone-numbers one doesn't seem
to like London numbers (0208 etc). If anyone has any bright ideas let us
know, otherwise, I'm off to try to teach myself regexes ...