RegularExpressionValidator

Neil Zanella

Hello,

It seems to me that the ASP.NET RegularExpressionValidator ASP.NET control
only works whenever the input field is not empty, which means that in most
practical scenarios this will have to be combined
with a RequiredFieldValidator. Is this correct?
I would like to know where this is documented.

Thanks,

Neil

bruce barker

you are correct, the validators (other than required) are only called if
there is a value. i know of no docs, but if you read the validation code,
you can verify it.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| Hello,
|
| It seems to me that the ASP.NET RegularExpressionValidator ASP.NET control
| only works whenever the input field is not empty, which means that in most
| practical scenarios this will have to be combined
| with a RequiredFieldValidator. Is this correct?
| I would like to know where this is documented.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Neil

Chris R. Timmons

(e-mail address removed) (Neil Zanella) wrote in
Hello,

It seems to me that the ASP.NET RegularExpressionValidator
ASP.NET control only works whenever the input field is not
empty, which means that in most practical scenarios this will
have to be combined with a RequiredFieldValidator. Is this
correct? I would like to know where this is documented.

Neil,

It's documented here (see the note in the "Remarks" section):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...trolsregularexpressionvalidatorclasstopic.asp

or

http://tinyurl.com/3kdhs