Remote File Browser (EULA)

Chase Preuninger

I just finished writing a EULA for a program that basically allows
someone to browse and download files from a remote machine. Just
wondering if you have any suggestions for me?

End-User License Agreement (EULA)
Remote File Browser

All terms and information presented in this document must be agreed
to, understood, and accepted before you, the user, may use the Remote
File Browser software application.

General Information
Remote File Browser is a free, open source, pier to pier software
product written in the Java programming language. This software
enables the user to remotely browse files on a remote computer’s file
system and retrieve any of those files. This program also allows the
user to run a server which will work with the client in browsing and
downloading files from the computer on which the server is running.

Security
Although Remote File Browser does provide a means of password
protecting your files, we however, do not guarantee the security of
this software in any way, and nor are we liable for any security
breaches that may occur. Please carefully conceder the security risks
before starting the server. Please also note that this application
does not allow the modification of any files on the machine on which
the server is running.

Copyright Issues
Remote File Browser allows the transfer of any files of any size, or
type. Being this way we do not guarantee the legality of the data
being transferred, and nor are we responsible in any way for the
actions of the user, and that you, the user, hold all legal
responsibility for your actions.

Final Clauses
In conclusion to this document you may do whatever you whish with this
software product however, you hold all legal responsibilities for your
actions, and we are not responsible for whatever might occur while
this program is in use. We also do not guarantee the reliability of
this product and we take no responsibility for the processes of this
software product.

Chase Preuninger

yeah, it was late when I posted this. you are right, this is kinda
stupid.

Andreas Leitgeb

Chase Preuninger said:
I just finished writing a EULA for a program that basically allows
someone to browse and download files from a remote machine. Just
wondering if you have any suggestions for me?

First suggestion is: run a spell-checker on it, e.g. load it into
openoffice with appropriate spellcheckers installed. During skimming
I saw about four misspelled words, and probably missed a couple more.

Second: if you want to state your own conditions legally safe, you have to
hire a lawyer for that job. If your concerns are mostly about excluding any
warranties, you could take a look at the GPL or LGPL.

First suggestion is: run a spell-checker on it, e.g. load it into
openoffice with appropriate spellcheckers installed. During skimming
I saw about four misspelled words, and probably missed a couple more.

I don't know- "pier to pier" is spelled perfectly, although I'm not
sure where these piers are located- I'm assuming New York and
London :)

Christian

d said:
I don't know- "pier to pier" is spelled perfectly, although I'm not
sure where these piers are located- I'm assuming New York and
London :)
the term comes from data haven !

Jan Thomä

Please do not send the German police after me for the legal advice I gave.

Nah, our ministry of truth will just install the bundestrojan on your
machine ;)