rendering in combination with ajax

ton

Hi,

I have difficulties in developing a (complex) webapp with several menu's and
panels with complex content. I use a left menu with several issues. On the
clientside I show the possibilities when clicking on an item I show the
corresponsing item on the right in a rather complex but very usefull way.

The problem is that it looks that with using ajax, some older element are
not rendered correct. So when I want to plave new content over the old
content some older elements are still visible allthough I us the zindex
order. I even use the visibility:hidden style attribute.

item 1 shows a treeview with a customcontrol which is a database record with
labels, text en checkboxes, dropdownlist and so on. This cotrol works very
well.
item 2 shows a tabcontainer where all tabs are added on runtime, with for
each tab a panel with several controls.

When showing the content of item 2 on the bottem of the screen it looks
good, but the content of item 1 is still there, allthough I put visiblity
hidden and zindex= small. When scrolling on the screen most elements of the
1st item are disapeared. But buttons are visible and they work.

I use just 1 ajaxupdate panel. The complex customcontrol which was displayed
was not "excuted" again I just put the visibility to hidden and the zindex
low. It did not help. Does this mean that I still have to execute the
customcontrol and then set the hidden and zindex attributes, to be sure that
these element are pushed to the background.

Can someone explain what is happening, and what I can do about it. (At this
moment it is juist the 2nd item I'm trying to show, but more to follow).

Thanks

ton

ton

I 've solved this problem, it was partial true that i had to run the
createchildcontrols of the custom control, but I did created a problem with
some buttons in the custom control:

I added a button with the attribute visibility: visible in a panel which had
the visibility set to hidden. (In the control press on a different button to
set the panel to visible, but because of the visibility setting of the
button it was visible all the time.)

I can understand that this does not make any sense to most developers, but I
warn everyone avoid the visibility property in these situation. My situation
was that I wanted to put two buttons on the same position on the screen.
Depending if a field was filled or not filled one was visible the other
hidden. These buttons could not exist next to each other. I've solved this
by using the style attribute z-index (zIndex).