Reporting Services Conflict

AVG

Hi all,

I am not sure where to post this, so please redirect me if not correct.

Win 2003 Server IIS 6.0 dedicated internet server with only a single
website.

The basic IIS tree is as follows:

Websites
|-MyWebApp.com
|-bin folder
|-a few web app folders
|-a few .htm files
|-a few .aspx files
|-Web.config
|-Reports
|-ReportServer

There is an ssl certificate issued to the site (let's call it MyWebApp.com).
It has been up an running for several months.
I am utilizing an http handler to automatically switch between http and
https for the various pages of the site.

Reporting Services (SP2) was recently installed so I could create some
reports.
This resulted in the above tree.
When I try to access the report server, I receive the following exception,
referring to the handler:

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

I have rebuilt (and redeployed) the dll for the handler, signing it and
adding a section to the rsmgrpolicy.config and rssrvpolicy.config to grant
fulltrust to the dll.
Still, I receive the same exception.

If I rename the web.config file for the app (effectively disabling it), I
can access RS and deploy reports to it, so I know RS does function.

I am guessing that if I move the web app down one level to make it a subweb
of the main site, it would work. However, I am not sure if that is the
correct approach.
I would think this configuration would not be unusual.

Can anyone tell me how to get RS to work in harmony with the web app?

TIA