ReportViewer and WCF services compatibility

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Antonio, Nov 30, 2009.

  1. Antonio

    Antonio Guest

    Already posted in ...aspnet.webservices newsgroup.

    I'm trying to use reportviewer + rdlc report file definition to
    create
    reports using the object model exposed via two WCF services
    references. I've
    tested using a test web site app.
    It's a very strange behavior; In a page I added a report viewer and an
    RDLC
    file; Using the menu items:"report->Data Sources" all is fine, the
    dialog
    pops up. Then I added a WCF service reference to the web site and
    going
    throug the same menu items, I get an "Schema not defined" error.
    Interesting thing: I've detached the first WCF services and attached
    second WCF service; I get in this case an "Undefined complexType
    'http://namespace:type' is used as a base for complex type definition"
    error.
    This last error should be related to the fact the service expose some
    derived classes.
    Can some MS guru explain what's happen under the scenes?
    Any help appreciated.

    regards, Antonio

    Antonio, Nov 30, 2009