Request Object

deepak

Hi All,

i m facing a strange situation with request object for asp.net.As per our
project i have to transfer this request from Page1.aspx to Page2.aspx if
contyp = "text/xml".If i remove(ie. comment) the line
xmlInDoc.Load(Request.InputStream) from PAGE1.ASPX then there is no error in
PAGE2.ASPX and it process it without any error,but if i keep this line
xmlInDoc.Load(Request.InputStream) in PAGE1.ASPX then PAGE2.ASPX give me
error on line Response.Write(docOUT.xml) saying

<MethodResult
Status="2"><Error><ErrorNumber>-1071651496</ErrorNumber><ErrorDescription>An
XML parse error occured.
File Position: 0
Line: 0
Line Position: 0
Reason: XML document must have a top level element.

Source Text: </ErrorDescription><ErrorSource>modXML.LoadXMLDocumentFromURL \\
W6IntInMsgLib</ErrorSource><ErrorLine>0</ErrorLine></Error></MethodResult>

I can not remove(comment) the line xmlInDoc.Load(Request.InputStream) in
PAGE1.ASPX as that is needed for some processing in PAGE.ASPX like
Dim xmlearlyStart As XmlNode =
xmlInDoc.SelectSingleNode("SXPTaskUpdateOrAdd/Task/EarlyStart") etc.

Following is my code:

PAGE1.aspx

contyp = Request.ContentType() ' Read content type of request

If contyp = "text/xml" Then
Dim xmlInDoc As New XmlDocument
Dim xmlInUpdateDoc As New XmlDocument

xmlInDoc.Load(Request.InputStream)
Server.Transfer("w6inboundprocessor.aspx", True)

PAGE2.aspx

Public Class w6inboundprocessor
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

InitializeComponent()

End Sub

Designer.
'Do not delete or move it.

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
InitializeComponent()
End Sub

#End Region

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

On Error Resume Next

Const W6PIncomingProcessor = "W6IntUtilsGWWrap.W6IntInMsgProcGW.1"

Dim binData
Dim objProcessor
Dim docOUT
Dim blnSuccess

binData = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes())

If Err.Number <> 0 Then Call XMLError(Err)

blnSuccess = False
While Not blnSuccess
' Based on Microsoft's articles there is no need to use the
Server object to create objects.
' If we do use the Server objects it costs in performance
' and can cause some instability as the bug suggests.
objProcessor = CreateObject(W6PIncomingProcessor)

If Err.Number = 0 Then
blnSuccess = True
Else
If Err.Number <> 2147549448 Then
Call XMLError(Err)
blnSuccess = True
End If
End If
End While
' Danny 15/5/05 - Bug #23983
' Based on Microsoft's articles there is no need to use the Server
object to create objects.
' If we do use the Server objects it costs in performance
' and can cause some instability as the bug suggests.
docOUT = CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
Call docOUT.loadXML(objProcessor.ProcessMessage(binData))
If Err.Number <> 0 Then Call XMLError(Err)
Response.ContentType = "text/xml"
' Gil (27/2/05): Bug: #23639 - Added unicode support as in the SXP
asp file
' Reviewed with Sasha.
Response.Charset = "utf-8"

'docOUT.save(Response)
Response.Write(docOUT.xml)
Response.End()

End Sub
Sub XMLError(ByVal Err)
Dim strOutput

strOutput = "<MethodResult><Error>" & _
"<ErrorNumber>" & Err.Number & "</ErrorNumber>" & _
"<ErrorDescription>" & Err.Description &
"</ErrorDescription>" & _
"<ErrorSource>" & Err.Source & "</ErrorSource>" & _
"</Error></MethodResult>"

Call Response.Write(strOutput)
Response.End()
End Sub
End Class

Kindly help me. I am waiting for urs replies and thanks in advance from my
side.

-Deepak
+919886735837
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)

Bob Barrows [MVP]

deepak said:
Hi All,

i m facing a strange situation with request object for asp.net.As per

recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

Anthony Jones

Bob Barrows said:
recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup.

Although in this case he does know it, because Deepak is a serial
multi-poster and has posted this message in at least two other dotnet
groups. <grrr...> ;)