Required Permissions Cannot Be Aquired :-(

Simon Harvey

Hi everyone,

If anyone can help me with the following - I would be VERY grateful.

I need to deploy an 2 ASP.net applications that I've been creating onto
one of our live servers. Both applications use the Microsoft Enterprise
Library dlls and have them located in their respective bin directories.

Everything works fine on my development machine.

Now that I'm deploying it I've created 2 Virtual Directories to host the
apps. The first application runs no problem. The second, which is using
the exact same dlls is crapping out complaining about permissions with
one of the dlls (the one called ObjectBuilder.dll). I don't understand
why one V-Dir works and the other doesn't...

If anyone could advise me on what I need to do, or why its happening I
will be their best friend forever :).

The full exception report is below

Many thanks

Simon

Required permissions cannot be acquired.

Exception Details: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Required
permissions cannot be acquired.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

Stack Trace:

[PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.]
System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence,
PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset,
PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +2738645
System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence,
PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset,
PermissionSet& denied, Int32& securitySpecialFlags, Boolean
checkExecutionPermission) +57

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly
'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder, Version=1.0.51109.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed
to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean
forIntrospection) +0
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection) +211
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean
forIntrospection) +141
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +25

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String
assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +32

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly
'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder, Version=1.0.51109.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed
to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String
assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +596

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory()
+3479049

System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo
ai) +46

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection
compConfig) +177
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath
configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +180

System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath
virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet
excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +347
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath
virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet
excludedSubdirectories) +125
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +525
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +448

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly
'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder, Version=1.0.51109.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed
to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]

System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +57
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +612
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager
appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory
configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +456

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly
'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder, Version=1.0.51109.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed
to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +3426855
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +149

Jo

Hi Simon,
I'm experiencing something very similar. Did you ever find a solution...?
Cheers
Jo