RequiredFieldValidator Problem in .NET Framework 1.1 SP1

Jeff

I have a problem with an ASP.NET application after installing .NET Framework
1.1 SP1. The application and the page in question was working prior to
installing .NET SP1.

In my Web User Controls, we have RequiredFieldValidators that are validating
a TextBox.

<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator id="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server"
ErrorMessage="This is an Error message" ControlToValidate="TextBox1"
ToolTip="This is error Tooltip"
Display="Dynamic">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

The issue is when the page initially loads, the error message is displayed
to the user. ("This is an Error message") I've debugged through the code,
and what is really odd, is at the end of the OnLoad event, the
RequiredFieldValidator1.IsValid property has a value of True. However, in
the beginning of the OnPreRender event, the value of the
RequiredFieldValidator1.IsValid has a value of False.

Is there another place I should be looking? Is there some attribute I'm
missing or need set?