Passwordrecovery control && requiredFieldValidator

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Mar 13, 2008.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    hey

    asp.net 3.5

    I have this asp.net markup. it displays a PasswordRecovery control on a
    webpage. In the markup I've set UserName as a reguired field. The problem
    is that when I don't enter something in the UserName field and click Submit,
    nothing happens.. it doesn't even display an error message... I thought that
    when clicking the submit button the requiredFieldValidator would display an
    error message... any suggestions?

    Here is my markup:
    <asp:passwordRecovery ID="PasswordRecovery1" runat="server">
    <UserNameTemplate>
    <asp:Table ID="Table1" runat="server">
    <asp:TableRow>
    <asp:TableCell Width="120">Brukernavn:</asp:TableCell>
    <asp:TableCell Width="200">
    <asp:TextBox ID="UserName" runat="server"
    Width="90%"></asp:TextBox>
    </asp:TableCell>
    </asp:TableRow>

    <asp:TableRow>
    <asp:TableCell ColumnSpan="2" HorizontalAlign="Right">
    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvUserName"
    ErrorMessage="Usernameis required" ControlToValidate="UserName"
    Display="Dynamic" ValidationGroup="PasswordRecovery1" runat="server"
    <asp:Button ID="SubmitButton" CommandName="Submit"
    runat="server" Text="Submit" />
    </asp:TableCell>
    </asp:TableRow>
    </asp:Table>