RequiredFieldValidator UI Space usage fix?

dotnetjose

Hi Folks,

I Have a simple page that looks something like this:

Please enter your Email address: <RequiredFieldValidator with
ErrorMessage: "Required *">
<TEXBOX>

<BUTTON>

Now, my question. The RequiredFieldValidator always takes up a certain
amount of space, what is taken up by the "Required *" text. If the
ErrorMessage is longer and the form is in a table, it can mess up your
UI, or wrap around the text. Since the validation is done via JS, is
there a way to make sure that the RFV doesn't use up all if the space
UNTIL the error message is triggered?

Like I said, simple dummy question, but figured I'd ask before wasting
anytime trying to hack this.

Thanks in advance.

Jose

Dot Net Jose

Sorry for the dumb question... A few minutes after posting, I found a
simple post that explained the "Display" = Dynamic property on the
validators.

It worked in doing what I wanted... Thanks