Requirements to run asp.net application?

VMI

What would my PC need to run an asp.net application? In my development PC it
works perfectly, but in another PC that has just the .Net framework
installed, the page doesn't display properly. I also noticed that this PC
doesn't have a folder called ASP.Net_Client.
Do I need anything else to run the ASP.Net?

Thanks.

VMI

I did the Google search, and the step that I was missing (and that I
couldn't do) was to add the ASPNET account through Windows Explorer. I go to
the directory that has the web site and go to Properties, but it doesn't
have a Security tab, so I'm not sure how to add the computerName\ASPNET
account. I'm following the insttructions in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...uide/html/cpconaspnetplatformrequirements.asp
(To download and install ASP.NET on a computer running Windows XP
Professional ).
Also, my PC has a directory called aspnet_client that the other PC doesn't
have.

Thanks.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
it doesn't have a Security tab, so I'm not sure how to add the computerName\ASPNET

Windows XP, by default, uses simple file sharing
and therefore does not need to display the security tab.

To enable file security, go to Start Menu, Control Panel, Folder Options,
View, and clear the simple file sharing checkbox.

Now, when you right-click any folder with Windows Explorer,
you should see the Security tab when you click "Properties".

You can add the computerName\ASPNET account,
and assign any necessary permissions, from it.

Juan T. Llibre

Your hard drive must be formatted NTFS for this tab to show up.
Security doesn't work on FAT32-formatted drives.

Do you have an NTFS-formatted partition ?

If your hard disk/partition is not NTFS you will need to convert it.

To do this, open a Command Prompt window and enter the following command:

CONVERT X: /FS:NTFS

Where X: is the drive letter you wish to convert.
When the drive has been converted, reboot and try the recommendation again.

Guest

I followed your instructions, but the Security Tab is still not available.
Since I'm not at work now, I'm trying it with my home PC. What else should I
do?

Thanks.